It was one year ago today that I started this blog! I met Ryan (Wordsmithonia) on Twitter and thanks to him (thank you Ryan!), I was introduced to the wonderful world of book blogging. I had been unofficially blogging about books over on MySpace, but I had no idea that there existed this awesome community. So glad I found out!
Some notable events in my first year of book blogging:
- My first book review: The Private Diary of Mr. Darcy--Maya Slater
- The first of a week long event of posts for Banned Books Week started here
- Participated in my first read-a-thon: Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon
- Hosted my first reading challenge, the Christmas Reading challenge
- Introduced my reading challenge, The Michener Challenge
- Created a challenge blog to keep track of all my reading challenges.
- Introduced my year-round Christmas blog, The Christmas Spirit.
- My first author interview with Frank Beddor, author of the Looking Glass Wars trilogy.
- My first participation in Ryan's (Wordsmithonia) Favorite Fictional Character meme--Jo March from Little Women (I have not done this one in awhile, but will be picking back up soon).
- My top ten of books read in 2009.
- Introduced my new feature, Addicted to the Past, with a post about Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn (Another feature I've neglected which I will pick back up with soon).
- Took over the 101 Fantasy Reading Challenge from Bella at A Bibliophile's Bookshelf (who is now A Girl Reads a Book)
- Started a new weekly meme, Cat Thursday.
- Participated in Armchair BEA--here is my post about being true to myself in blogging.
- Put in my nominations for my blog in the Best Eclectic and Best Written blog for BBAW this year. I did not make the long list, but it was an interesting experience and I look forward to this year's festivities.
- Introduced a new historical fiction blog, a joint venture with Marie from The Burton Review, the Historical Fiction Connection.
And now, in honor of my blogoversary and my 200+ followers, I am hosting a giveaway!
- Giveaway is open to USA only (I'm so sorry International followers, but my family is still in a bad financial rut!)
- This is a 6 book giveaway of gently used books and/or ARCs I have read and reviewed on this blog.
- There will be 3 winners--1st place winner will win their choice of 3 books, 2nd place winner will win their choice of 2 books from the remaining three and 3rd place winner will win the 1 remaining book.
- You must leave a comment with your email address.
- You do not have to be a follower, but followers will get +1 bonus entry.
- Get another +1 bonus entry if you share on Twitter, Facebook OR your blog (sidebar is fine). (Only one bonus entry will be given)
- This giveaway will end on August 31, 2010 @ 11:59 pm. I will draw the 1st place winner on September 1st and notify the winner so they can make their choices. Then I will go on to the 2nd place winner and third place winners in the same manner. I will announce the winners here on September 1st.
(Click the book title to read my review)
ARC of Winter's End by Jean-Claude Mourlevat
ARC of 206 Bones by Kathy Reichs
Fragile by Chris Katsaropoulos
ARC of The Silent Governess by Julie Klassen
Cardboard by Fiona Place
Hush by Kate White
Good luck! I would like to thank you again for being my followers (or if you're just stopping by for the first time) and celebrating my blog's 1st birthday!