Our wonderful club/challenge, The Classics Club, is hosting The Classics Spin.
Full details, as outlined on TCC blog:
It’s easy. At your blog, by next Monday, Feb 18, list your choice of any twenty books you’ve left to read from your Classics Club list – in a separate post.
This is your Spin List. You have to read one of these twenty books in February & March. (Details follow.) So, try to challenge yourself. For example, you could list five Classics Club books you are dreading/hesitant to read, five you can’t WAIT to read, five you are neutral about, and five free choice (favorite author, rereads, ancients — whatever you choose.)
Next Monday, we’ll post a number from 1 through 20. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List, by April 1. We’ll have a check in or something in April, to see who made it the whole way and finished the spin book.
My spin list (view my entire Classics Club list HERE):
Five I'm dreading (sort of):
1. Little Dorritt by Charles Dickens
2. The Mayor of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy
3. The Golden Notebook by Doris Lessing
4. A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry
5. Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
Five I can't wait to read:
6. The Plague by Albert Camus7. Queen Margot by Alexandre Dumas
8. Howard's End by E.M. Forster
9. Perfume by Patrick Suskind
10. The Once and Future King by T.H. White
11. Fingersmith by Sarah Waters
12. Moravagine by Blaise Cendrars
13. The Red Queen by Margaret Drabble
*14. Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons*
15. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
Five free choices--rereads/favorite authors: