Day Two Winners!
Bri @ Kindling the Fire
Abigail @ The Story Factory Reading Zone
Head over to the PRIZE PAGE and pick your prize and then email me your choice at truebookaddictATgmailDOTcom Prizes are awarded on a first response basis. Congratulations!
Now...on to today's Mini-Mini-Challenge!
Here's what I want you to do:
- Take your current read and pick one sentence from three of the following pages: page 1, page 77, page 179, page 255, page 360, or one from the 5th page from the end (I picked a diverse number for books of varying lengths).
- Take the three sentences and make them into a short paragraph. If it makes sense as is, fine. If not, you can add your own words or sentences to make it romantic, funny, scary...whatever.
- Be sure to bold and/or italicize the original text from the book or, if you leave it in the comments, put quotes around the original text.
- You can leave yours in the comment section below and/or post it on your blog. If you do a post on your blog, add the link to the linky below. If you don't have a blog or just would rather not do a post, leave yours in the comments and include your email address.
- This mini-challenge will be open until Saturday, (1/28) at 8:00am CST. One winner will be randomly selected from all submissions and chosen by random.org The winner will pick a prize from the PRIZE PAGE.
I will do my current read for you as an example. I'm reading Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. The sentences I used are from pages 1, 77, and 829 (5th page from end).
Her eyes were pale green without a touch of hazel, starred with bristly black lashes and slightly tilted at the ends. They were eyes that would flash fire when she was angry or provoked. She dragged her eyes away from his without smiling back, and he turned as someone called. When he turned back around, he looked at her in an almost kindly way, speculation in his eyes.
Easy Peasy! Here's the linky: