Saturday, April 26, 2014
Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon #Readathon
Talk about making the decision to participate in the eleventh hour! I just wasn't sure if I should or not because I always do so poorly at the 24 hour read-a-thons. But I can't resist the allure, of course. And I'll only be gone today for a few hours so I just might be able to get in some reading. We shall see!
I plan to finish The Grip of God by Rebecca Hazell (I have less than 100 pages to go), start reading (and perhaps finish) Daughter of the Gods by Stephanie Thornton and will also try to finish the rest of The Eight by Katherine Neville.
No snacks on deck since I wasn't sure if I was going to sign up or not. I may try to pick a few things up when I'm out tomorrow.
Are you participating? If you haven't signed up, you can do so HERE.
My intro meme, as I'm just starting:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Nashville, Tennessee
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Daughter of the Gods by Stephanie Thornton
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? chewy Lemonheads ;)
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
Reading is my life (second to my children, of course). I have 12 blogs, host 4 reading challenges (long term and perpetual), 4 week long read-a-thons yearly (seasonally) and am the primary host/mediator of two read-a-long groups on Goodreads. Plus, mom of two pre-teen boys and I work from home mom as a virtual assistant. Whew!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I fail at the 24 hour read-a-thons every time. I'm hoping to succeed this time by at least reading one book. Since I'm not participating for the entire 24 hours, I think that's a sane goal.