Saturday, April 10, 2010
24 hour read-a-thon
Title of book(s) read since last update: Hush
Memorable quote from Hush: "The woman was clearly a graduate of the Be a Better Bitch Academy, Lake thought." Hee, Hee!
Number of books read since you started: 0
Pages read since last update: 54 (started on page 136)
Running total of pages read since you started: 54
Amount of time spent reading since last update: approx. 2 hours
Running total of time spent reading since you started: (keep track of this one to be eligible for a prize!)
Mini-challenges completed: none
Other participants you’ve visited: heidenkind, bookmagic, The Zen Leaf, My Reading Room, Book Journey, and Park benches and bookends (I think that's everyone)
Prize you’ve won: none
Technically, I'm not at mid-event, but I'm doing this now anyway!
1. What are you reading right now? Hush by Kate White
2. How many books have you read so far? still working on the first (just started RAT at 4pm!)
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? The Dark Divine
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? not really
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? of course...I have 7 and 8 year old boys and a husband who doesn't have a clue...LOL! How do I deal? As patiently as possible!.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? Nothing really...I participated in the fall.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? none whatsoever!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I'm hoping next time I won't have a book sale since I can't resist. I need to try to be more dedicated!
9. Are you getting tired yet? nope
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? none...sorry! I'm not the best read-a-thon mentor. =O)