Here is the prize:
A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin
Often compared to Tolkien's Middle-earth or Lewis's Narnia, Ursula K. Le Guin's Earthsea is a stunning fantasy world that grabs quickly at our hearts, pulling us deeply into its imaginary realms. Four books (A Wizard of Earthsea, The Tombs of Atuan, The Farthest Shore, and Tehanu) tell the whole Earthsea cycle--a tale about a reckless, awkward boy named Sparrowhawk who becomes a wizard's apprentice after the wizard reveals Sparrowhawk's true name. The boy comes to realize that his fate may be far more important than he ever dreamed possible. Le Guin challenges her readers to think about the power of language, how in the act of naming the world around us we actually create that world. Teens, especially, will be inspired by the way Le Guin allows her characters to evolve and grow into their own powers.
In this first book, A Wizard of Earthsea readers will witness Sparrowhawk's moving rite of passage--when he discovers his true name and becomes a young man. Great challenges await Sparrowhawk, including an almost deadly battle with a sinister creature, a monster that may be his own shadow. (from Amazon.com)
- Sorry, but this is open to U.S. entries only. (I promise I will do an international someday!)
- For one entry, leave a comment with your email address.
- +1 if you are a follower of my blog (new followers are welcome).
- +1 if you follow me on Twitter (@truebookaddict) or click button on left sidebar (be sure to leave your handle).
- +1 if you Tweet the contest and/or post a link on your sidebar (must leave me a link).
- You may do all in one comment, but please list each item that you did. Again, don't forget to leave me links, Twitter handle and your email address.
- The deadline for entry is midnight (CST) on November 1, 2009.
- I will announce the winner here and send them an email.
- You must respond within 48 hours with your mailing address (no P.O. Boxes) or I will pick a new winner.
Now I'm going to eat some birthday cake =o)