Full details, as outlined on TCC blog:
It’s easy. At your blog, by next Monday, May 20, list your choice of any twenty books you’ve left to read from your Classics Club list – in a separate post.
This is your Spin List. You have to read one of these twenty books in May & June. (Details follow.) So, try to challenge yourself. For example, you could list five Classics Club books you are dreading/hesitant to read, five you can’t WAIT to read, five you are neutral about, and five free choice (favorite author, rereads, ancients — whatever you choose.)
Next Monday, we’ll post a number from 1 through 20. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List, by July 1. We’ll have a check in or something in July, to see who made it the whole way and finished the spin book.
My spin list (view my entire Classics Club list HERE). I chose mine with Random.org and placed them in the categories accordingly.
Five I'm dreading (sort of):
1. Silas Marner by George Eliot
2. Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
3. Dr. Zhivago by Boris Pasternak
4. Villette by Charlotte Bronte
5. The Mayor of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy
Five I can't wait to read:
*6. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver*
7. The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende
8. The Red Queen by Margaret Drabble
9. The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain
10. The Once and Future King by T.H. White
11. The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens
12. American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis
13. The World According to Garp by John Irving
14. The English Patient by Michael Ondaatje
15. The French Lieutenant's Woman by John Fowles
Five free choices--rereads/favorite authors/other:
16. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
17. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
18. Perfume by Patrick Suskind
19. Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
20. The Lambs of London by Peter Ackroyd
What's on your spin list?
My Spin selection is The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver.
What was yours?